How I'm doing...

9.03.2001

My Mission, Should I Choose To Except it...

     Ok, here's the deal.  I'm overweight, and I know it.  I've known it for a while actually.  I've watched my mother battle with weight my entire life, and I had a feeling that I would be the same way.  I was pretty active in high school, so I didn't start my struggles until I had three kids and found that nothing 'easy' was going to work anymore.  That was two years ago.  
     In these two years, I have gone from a reasonable size 14 jean to a tight and uncomfortable size 20.  I'm depressed and sore and tired and...  
     Rather than deal with it and fixing the problem, I coped by lazing around and eating/drinking whatever I wanted.  Mountain Dew is my closest compadre.  
     I would try a fad diet every now and then and be really good for a few weeks, but then I'd fall right back off the wagon, gaining more weight and be even more depressed then before.  Yes, I was given antidepressants to help with the mood, but they just added to the weight, which created more depression... and a crazy cycle was formed.

Then I got a phone call.  My brother is getting married!  Next September!  On my 31st birthday!  In FLORIDA!!  (Insert groan here...)

HOW AM I GOING TO LOOK CUTE IN WEDDING PICTURES?!?!?  Never mind that they will be on the beach. In Florida.

So, here is my mission:

I am going to do WHATEVER it takes (healthy and doctor-approved, of course) to lose 50 pounds in 365 days.  It will involve a LOT of exercise and a total change in eating/drinking habits.  But I know I can do it.  Darn it, I HAVE TO DO IT.  

So here goes... everything.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jac said...

You CAN do it Sarah! I lost 25 lbs in 10 weeks with exercise, drinking LOTS of water and watching what I drink and eat!